Friday, December 21, 2007

Japanese Literature Challenge

I have decided to join a book challenge! The Japanese Literature Challenge hosted by Bellezza at Dolce Bellezza. The guidelines include reading three pieces of Japanese literature between November 30, 2007 and January 30, 2008.

There are many interesting looking books the other participants are reading. I am a bit late to join, but never fear dear readers, I have already picked out my three books. They are...

Thousand Cranes by Yasunari Kawabata
The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama
Autumn Bridge by Takashi Matsuoka

Labels: ,

3 comment(s):

Welcome, reader kay! I'm so glad you've decided to join in the Challenge. It's going to be a lot of fun to learn about new authors and pieces of literature together; I have a lot to learn about Japanese novels! I've added you to the link in my sidebar, where you can also find the names and reviews by other bloggers who are participating.

By Blogger Bellezza , at 6:04 PM  

Having just read Kawabata's Snow Country and The Dancing Girl of Izu and other stories I hope to read Thousand Cranes sometime as well. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

By Blogger tanabata, at 8:37 PM  

Thanks for adding me to the list Bellezza, I already have my eye on other books from your book lists. Tanabata, I look forward to reading your review of Snow Country.

By Blogger reader kay, at 5:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home