Friday, July 13, 2007

Crystals and Crystal Growing

This book by Alan Holden and Phylis Singer is part of the Order in Nature: Science Study Series (1960 version). I love this book because it brings me back to high school chemistry, when we did some of the same(relatively) simple and fun experiments with crystals.

What I usually do with this book is pick it up, read a bit, and do an experiment or two. This time I read about the Symmetry of Crystals. The book's explanations are so much fun to read - everything is explained at least two different ways so that at least one of the ways will be clear to most.

I got hooked into growing a crystal with Rochelle salt (Potassium Sodium Tartrate Tetrahydrate) because I know I can get large crystals quickly.

Now I want this microscope so that I can examine smaller crystaline forms. Please feel free to purchase it and sent it to me. I will thank you.

I will update with pictures as my crystal grows.

This book gets a thumbs up.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home